Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sin City

Montreal has long been known as a city synonymous with heavy drinking and partying, even since prohibition times it has had the nickname of Sin City. The face is that booze and drugs for that matter and much cheaper and more readily available in montreal, so to me it comes as a surprise that the street skating scene seems much tighter there. It could be because they don't have a dunbat or ashbridges to get sucked into, although the new P45 D.I.Y park might start to come close. Perhaps the majority of skateboarders there are on some Dustin Dollin tip and the excess of mind altering substances fuels some of the skateboarding thats going on there. All I can know for sure is that when I visit is stay with some homies that can skate as hard as they party, so Im can be sure I will be returning. Across the street from the Montreal Strip Club resides Max Cote, The Rasta Man (Shawn L.), and Marina Harlow, three of the most hospitable montreal residents I am fortunate enough to know. These photos are from the 2 weeks I spent with them inwhich I had some of the best times of my life, on and off the board.

Photobucket
The homies can cook!

Photobucket
Max Cote- Wallride

Photobucket
Conor Neeson-Ollie up Pivot Fakie as seen in COLOR magazine 9.5
Stoked to get my second photo published! This was the first one he landed, and also the first one the rim light actually worked out properly. The trick is really an ollie up to pivot fakie because at the bottom of the bank there is a space you can't ride up.

Photobucket
Steph Bough- fakie thruster

Photobucket
Frédérique Luyet- blunt to rock

Photobucket
Jeff Coopman- lean back fs rock
Thanks a million for hooking up a ride back Jeff!!

Photobucket
Me- Fs Crook
Max Cote photo

Photobucket
Leon Chapdelaine- bs tailslide

Photobucket
Seb Carranza- overcrook

Photobucket
Max Cote

Photobucket
RATPACK- boneless

Photobucket
Jesse Ramirez- fs blunt

No comments:

Post a Comment